I’ve said it again and again, but your blog images are the biggest key to a successful blog. Whether on social media or your blog, readers respond initially to your visuals. You can have a beautiful theme, but it will fall flat if your visual representation is subpar.
When thinking about what to invest in for your blog, choose photography. A simple theme can take you far. Sub-par photographs will not. This advice is coming from someone who specializes in blog design. I’m telling you to spend your money elsewhere (initially).
Over the past couple of months, I have written extensively on how to improve your blog visuals, what tools you need and how to use them! I created this series to cover all elements of visual content creation for lifestyle bloggers.
If possible, opt to use your original photography. For most lifestyle publishers, this fact is a given. However, if you are an infopreneur, this could be your weakness. It was mine. Two investments I made were building my archive of props for styled photography and hiring a photographer for my rebrand. If you want to expand your blog’s original photography, you will find these posts helpful:
- DSLR Camera + Lens Guide
- Beginner’s Guide to Lightroom
- Your Website + High-Quality Photography
- Why You Should Set Image Standards for Your Brand
Blog Post Templates + Graphics
I cringe when I see someone invest in a custom design but not use the on-brand templates created for their brand. Your blog design is not just the theme; it’s the templates used within the design and on social media. On top of sharing details on how you can create your own, I offer six different template sets in the shop!
- 5 Photoshop Tutorials for Beginner’s
- Understanding Brand Colors: What, How, + Why
- Working With Type: Tips + Tricks for Using Typography in Your Brand
- What to Consider When Designing Blog Post Templates
- Creating a Cohesive Identity for Your Blog: Blog Post Templates
- Best Websites for Stock Photographs
- The Do’s + Dont’s of Brand Graphics
Bloggers are in the unique position to understand how images work within their site from an SEO perspective. Way too often bloggers underutilize visuals – whether it’s not saving them down correctly or not following SEO best practices. This area is where you can stand out from the rest!
- Optimizing Your Images to Improve Your Blog Performance
- Understanding File Formats
- SEO Best Practices for Your Blog Images
- Best Practices for Pinning Your Images
- How to Save Down Your iPhoto Photos
Consistent Brand Identity with Blog Post Templates
Save time creating the blog and social media graphics by using Photoshop templates! Templates are a huge timesaver for me. I place in a brand image and customize the text for the post! Presto! It’s ready to go! You can read about how blog post templates helped me grow my brand on Pinterest!
Want more Blog Design tutorials? Check out these post on Blog Design!
Interested in working together?
I’d love to hear about your project!