Lindsay Humes is a multidisciplinary designer and technologist who specializes in data-driven rebrands for high-traffic food websites. Her work emphasizes mobile-first design, accessibility, and search engine optimization while providing clients with bespoke branding, engaging web designs, and optimized WordPress theme development.
Designer, Product Designer, and Front-End Developer, Lindsay Humes
January 2013 – Present (8 YRS)
- Successfully founded and operated a multidisciplinary design studio focused on creating bespoke branding, engaging web designs, and WordPress development for high-traffic food bloggers and recipe creators;
- Led complete rebrands of 100+ top, American food websites;
- Provided art direction to various digital and print products including cookbooks, social media campaigns, and photography campaigns;
- Designed and developed comprehensive email marketing campaigns in MailChimp, Convertkit, Active Campaign, and MailerLite;
- Collaborated with various stakeholders and contributors on the creation of unique concepts incorporated into various client strategies;
- Hired contractors for various positions including junior designers, product designers, copywriters, project managers, photographers, and front-end developer;
- Designed all website redesigns utilizing Adobe XD, utilizing mobile-first design and accessibility best practices;
- Provided UI design solutions to editorial websites to increase conversion rates and improve user engagement; Strategically researched, proposed, and implement site content architecture and navigation schemes that benefited clients’ users;
- Generated quick prototypes from UI concepts for testing and team feedback;
- Developed comprehensive, unique, custom WordPress themes featuring Gutenberg editor, optimized for accessibility, SEO, speed, and user experience;
- Integrated with several third-party software including various ad networks (Adthrive, Mediavine, Rewardstyle), MailChimp, Convertkit, Google Analytics, and Shopify;
- Work with third-party providers to implement and run additional functionality for sites;
- Produced high quality video tutorials and learning guides to help clients and team implement new theme features;
- Performed routine design and development updates, upgrades, and overall maintenance of several WordPress sites.
Creative Director, Brand Soirée
January 2017 – Present (5 YRS)
- Co-founded a design template e-commerce shop featuring customizable stationery, media kits, digital guides, and social media collateral for content creators;
- Designed dynamic, exquisite templates in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Canva;
- Produced instructional materials, such as step-by-step instructional guides and videos to help customers implement templates;
- Developed B2C email marketing strategies with a 55.8% open rate and 9.5% click rate. Integrated e-commerce platform with Shopify, MailChimp, WordPress as well as marketing integrations with Google Analytics and Facebook and Pinterest advertising.
Front-End Developer,White Oak Creative
January 2014 – July 2016 (2.5 YRS)
- Founded a WordPress theme shop featuring premade and semi-remade WordPress themes for fashion and food bloggers;
- Designed and developed 10 WordPress child themes with over 400+ installations utilized by US and international customers.
Marketing Business Development Director, Shaheen and Associates
October 2013 – June 2014 (9 MOS)
- Assisted COO with the preparation of various documents for Federal and State RFPs. Wrote and edited sections included in final proposal submissions to ensure quality control;
- Ensured that proposal responses complied with RFP requirements, contained win strategies and themes, and complied with format and style criteria;
- Coordinated with COO to ensure accuracy of proposal submission guidelines, to include the appropriate number of copies produced and the correct format applied;
- Lead the overhaul of Shaheen’s digital presence, including website redesign, technological audit, and social media optimization.
Account Executive, MAB Ad Inc
May 2013 – October 2013 (6 MOS)
- Liaison between clients and internal departments at MAB Ad Inc to ensure that all client needs were met with the highest level of customer service;
- Implemented business reviews throughout client campaigns and address preset metrics for success;
- Actively work towards retaining the client base.
Case Manager, Chicago Public Schools
November 2012 – May 2013 (7 MOS)
- Managed and maintained all special education services for all student with IEP and 504 Plans;
- Collaborated with parents, administrators and service providers to determine age-appropriate functional goals and required services to ensure student success.
Teacher, Chicago Public Schools
September 2009 – May 2013 (4 YRS)
- Designed and implemented lesson plans using multiple modalities to reach students with various styles of learning for Algebra, Geometry, Algebra II, Pre-Cal, and US History;
- Assessed students’ progress towards state and IEP goals based on the results of internal, state, and district assessments;
- Used data to track students’ academic progress. Integrated technology into the delivery of students’ educational needs;
- Created presentations, handouts, and curriculum guides.
Smith College, 2005 – 2009
Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Cultural Anthropology and Art History, cum laude
National Louis University, 2009 – 20011
Master of Education (MEd) inSpecial Education and Teaching with honors
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Lightroom
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe XD
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- PHP Storm
If you are interested in working together, please email me at email@example.com.