Studio 9 Co is a Charleston-based design studio specializing in brand identities and websites for creative entrepreneurs, bloggers, and small business owners. In August 2016, Jordan and I met in person after following each other on social media. We started collaborating on a few projects, such as Modern Dame, 704 Photography, and For The Love of Fancy.
When Jordan approached me about doing the development of her site, she mentioned that she wanted the following completed:
- Comprehensive technical and SEO audit completed before she designs her site to identify strategic improvements.
- Simplify her dashboard so that it’s easier for her to input projects to her portfolio.
- Ability to customize and change features as her brand evolves.
- Optimize her database installation.
The audit showed that her WordPress installation was a bit of a mess. Since Jordan was going on maternity leave, she elected to put up a temporary landing page while I worked behind the scenes cleaning up her site. Optimizing her website included the following:
- Reducing her installation down to one.
- Deleting and redirecting low-quality content that no longer aligned with her brand goals.
- Simplifying her website set up by moving her portfolio to posts. She no longer needed a separate content type.
- Optimizing her design with search engine optimized HTML structure.
For Jordan’s custom theme development, her design includes a few different page templates that can be replicated as her brand grows – homepage, individual page, and project page. Within these pages, she can customize where different fields show up and the colors used within the theme. This way, if she wants to refresh her brand design in a few years with new colors, she can quickly make those updates without a developer!
Interested in working together? I’d love to hear about your project!